By 1906 North Wollongong had two change facilities; a large pavilion for men and a ladies change room. They were fenced separately and the proprietor of the kiosk collected money for the use of these change rooms. In 1929 barbed wire fencing was constructed around the beach to ensure that people were entering the beach through the changing facilities.
Since March, 2011 the council has been working on a renovation of the building and its surrounds. On the 30th of September 2012, the Bathers' Pavilion reopened.